If you are a seafood lover, you will be delighted by the variety of dishes that Sallet Al Sayad has to offer. Sallet Al Sayad is a family-owned restaurant that specializes in fresh and delicious seafood dishes. Whether you prefer grilled, fried, or baked seafood, you will find something to satisfy your taste buds at Sallet Al Sayad.
Why eat Seafood?
Seafood is not only tasty, but also healthy. Seafood is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are essential for your body and brain. Seafood is also high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for maintaining heart health, preventing cancer, and preventing cognitive decline.
Some of the nutrients that seafood provides include:
- Vitamin B12: This vitamin is important for the production of red blood cells, the maintenance of nerve function, and the synthesis of DNA. Seafood is one of the best sources of vitamin B12. For example, a 3-ounce (85-gram) serving of cooked clams provides over 3,500% of the Daily Value (DV) for vitamin B12.
- Selenium: This mineral is a powerful antioxidant that protects your cells from damage and supports your immune system. Seafood is also a great source of selenium. For instance, a half fillet (154-gram) serving of wild-caught salmon delivers 131% of the DV for selenium.
- Zinc: This mineral is involved in many enzymatic reactions in your body and helps with wound healing, immune function, and growth. Seafood is also rich in zinc. For example, a 3-ounce (85-gram) serving of cooked oysters provides 605% of the DV for zinc.
- Iodine: This mineral is essential for the production of thyroid hormones, which regulate your metabolism and growth. Seafood is one of the few natural sources of iodine. For instance, a 3-ounce (85-gram) serving of cooked cod provides 66% of the DV for iodine.
What are some popular seafood dishes at Sallet Al Sayad?
At Sallet Al Sayad, you can enjoy a wide range of seafood dishes that showcase the diversity of flavors and textures that seafood can offer. Some of the most popular dishes include:
- Grilled hammour: Hammour is a type of grouper fish that is prized for its firm and flaky flesh. At Sallet Al Sayad, hammour is grilled to perfection and served with lemon, garlic, and parsley sauce.
- Fried calamari: Calamari is a term for squid that are cut into rings and fried until crispy. At Sallet Al Sayad, calamari are coated with a light batter and fried until golden and tender. They are served with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
- Shrimp biryani: Biryani is a fragrant rice dish that originated in India and is popular in many Middle Eastern countries. At Sallet Al Sayad, biryani is made with basmati rice, spices, herbs, and shrimp. It is served with raita, a yogurt-based sauce that cools down the spiciness.
- Seafood soup: Seafood soup is a hearty and warming dish that features a variety of seafood in a rich broth. At Sallet Al Sayad, seafood soup is made with fish, shrimp, squid, mussels, clams, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and herbs. It is served with crusty bread for dipping.
How to enjoy seafood dishes?
Seafood dishes can be enjoyed on their own or paired with other foods to enhance their flavor and nutrition. Here are some tips on how to enjoy seafood dishes:
- Pair them with salads: Salads are a great way to add some freshness and crunch to your seafood dishes. They also provide fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that complement the nutrients in seafood. Some salads that go well with seafood dishes include tabbouleh, fattoush, Greek salad, and coleslaw.
- Pair them with breads: Breads are a staple food in many cultures and can be used to scoop up sauces or juices from your seafood dishes. They also provide carbohydrates that give you energy and satisfy your appetite. Some breads that pair well with seafood dishes include pita bread, naan bread, baguette, and sourdough bread.
- Pair them with sauces: Sauces can add some moisture and flavor to your seafood dishes. They can also balance out the saltiness or spiciness of some seafood dishes. Some sauces that pair well with seafood dishes include tahini sauce, yogurt sauce, tomato sauce, and lemon butter sauce.
- Pair them with drinks: Drinks can help you wash down your seafood dishes and refresh your palate. They can also enhance or contrast the flavor of your seafood dishes. Some drinks that pair well with seafood dishes include water, lemonade, iced tea, white wine, and beer.
Visit Sallet Al Sayad today!
If you are looking for a place to enjoy a variety of seafood dishes that are fresh, delicious, and healthy, look no further than Sallet Al Sayad. Sallet Al Sayad is a family-owned restaurant serving the best seafood in Dubai in the Al Karama neighborhood. Whether you want to have a casual lunch, a romantic dinner, or a family feast, Sallet Al Sayad has something for everyone.
Don’t miss this opportunity to discover the diversity of seafood at Sallet Al Sayad. We look forward to seeing you soon!